The Conjuring

This topic contains 1 reply, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  FringeMaster 5 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Patricia
    Participant

I recently saw an interview with Lorraine Warren about the movie The Conjuring based on she and Ed’s case from the early 1970’s. She stated that the movie was very accurate to the case. The trailers on YouTube are interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing this movie and truly hope it won’t be hugely disappointing.

FringeMaster
    Keymaster

IMDB has the following description:

“Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren work to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in their farmhouse. Forced to confront a powerful entity, the Warrens find themselves caught in the most terrifying case of their lives.”

Movie is out on July 19th, 2013.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

anne moe
    Participant

Never knew this was a Warren case! That has me curious even though the trailer completely scares the sh*t of me.

Tara Martin
    Participant

Apparently this opens next week. July 15th it says. I am looking forward to this as well. I’ve really on been able to search out 1 book, The Demonologist, on the Warren’s. Just some of the things she has mentioned makes me think their experiences had to have been really interesting.

anne moe
    Participant

Didn’t know that either. Does Lorraine have any of them?

Kelly Ann
    Participant

I enjoyed this movie, what did everyone else think? I liked seeing some of the haunted items shown in the movie, wanting to go to a Warrenology sometime.

anne moe
    Participant

Finally caught it yesterday. Im not into scary movies so I don’t know what to compare such things to, but I thought it was really cool seeing the equipment and setup for investigations back in the day. And it was nice to see a big focus on the Warrens. Vera Farmiga was spot on with Lorriane’s wardrobe too! Seeing the haunted items were cool and felt pretty lucky having got to see some of their items IRL. Did they have to make Annabelle creepier!?

I jumped a total of 5 times and screamed during 2 of those, I thought it was worth it.

Tara Martin
    Participant

I am a horror buff, and I was fairly impressed. The story line moved along well, the “horror” aspect wasn’t too unbelievable and the actress who played the mother was absolutely phenomenal. I’ve loved her in horror roles since House on Haunted Hill.

I was a little disappointed in the changes to Annabelle, although I understand the Hollywood glamour. I left with a whole new found respect and admiration for Ed and Lorraine. I know they embellish for entertainment, but wow! Those two are more bad ass than I thought if even a portion of the story was true.

I give it a solid 8 stars out of 10

Zara
    Participant

I was lucky enough to see this movie on a plane to the states. It wasn’t as scary as I thought it was going to be. I did enjoy it. I enjoy all things Ed and Lorraine. They were the first taste of real paranormal stories I had ever read.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.